Sep 13, 2012

Not so easy after all.

This is hard...

 - working 25 hours a week while taking 9 hours of grad school classes is hard.
 - watching my husband work 30 hours a week while taking 13 hours of grad school classes is hard.
 - managing meals, laundry, bills, friendships, and schedules is hard. 
 - being away from my family is hard.
 - prioritizing our marriage is hard.
 - asking God for help when I feel overwhelmed is hard. 
 - being vulnerable and open with people is hard.
 - learning to be a seminary wife and a seminary student is hard.





Does it make me less of a person to admit this? Is there some secret rule that denies me the right to be honest? Admitting that this is hard doesn't make me less of a person or less of a Christian. Paul himself spoke about the struggles of this life in nearly every letter he wrote (look at Philippians 3:12-14, for example). 
Life is hard, and we each struggle with different aspects of it. But I know that God loves me and that this is all part of His plan for John and I. If I didn't admit that this was hard, I think I'd be lying to myself and ultimately missing out on the opportunity to rely on Him for my strength and courage. I'm called to lean not on my own understanding, but to trust the Lord with all my heart and submit myself to Him (Proverbs 3:5-6). He never said this life would be easy. But He did say He'll stay with me, comfort me through the Holy Spirit, and save me from myself. And for that, I am beyond thankful. 



- Kelly




6 comments:

  1. It is hard, but it is worth it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dear, dear letter. We were just talking about Paul last night in church and his struggles. Although things are tough right now, I believe there will be a time in the near future(oxymoron)when you will look back on this whirlwind time and get a warm feeling inside. I loved your letter and always be honest with your family and friends. It allows us to be closer and know each other for who we really are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto.

    - The Other Seminary Couple

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really hard! Its hard for us with just Jacobs school/church/HomeGroup/family/marriage/Jesustime! Will be praying for y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We'll be doing the same for you and Jacob.

      Delete