Dec 6, 2014

Sage Elyse Peterson

It has been almost six weeks since Sage Elyse Peterson arrived. Its been an amazing time of transition for us. The first week we had to get used to the fact that there was no one to hand this child back to. She belongs with Kelly and I. It's crazy to write that down.

Kelly and I love being her parents. Watching her observe her surrounding, smile back at you, and make her little cooing sounds is surprisingly rewarding. 

Of course some of the memories are the kind that will make for those perfect opportunities to embarrass Sage in the future. In her first week, I had her on the changing station and I was changing her diaper and had just removed it. Soon after, she projectile pooped. This startled me as I was not expecting anything like it. Poop whizzed across my hand and flew upwards of six feet away striking a nearby wall. I can just imagine her thinking, "Welcome to parenthood Dad."

For those of you without kids you may be thinking, "this is one reason to wait on having children." Years ago, I would have thought I would be annoyed to change diapers and such, but surprisingly that doesn't bother me. Of course, there has been some lost sleep, but so far that's been minor. We love being her parents. We get to help guide her. We get to be the positive influence in her life. I wouldn't trade anything for it.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment