Jan 24, 2014

"it is good to be near God"

I heard someone quote part of this verse a few weeks ago. 

But for me it is good to be near God;
    I have made the Lord God my refuge,
    that I may tell of all your works. Psalm 73:28

I think it helps capture the idea that it is God's presence that we seek. Not merely some abstract place called heaven. But instead, our salvation is about our friendship with God.

How do we find this nearness of God? James 4:8 gives us a clear path, "Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

As we approach God through Jesus, he also draws close to us. Our faith isn't merely about us putting in all the effort of worshiping God. Amazingly, he responds to us, and moves closer to us in ways we can't even begin to imagine. 

"But for me it is good to be near God"

No comments:

Post a Comment